In Victoria, Keno is only offered by Tabcorp in eligible clubs, hotels and wagering outlets. At present there were 701 Keno outlets and approximately 1268 Keno terminals in Victoria located at clubs and hotels. Keno games in Victoria run every 3-3.5 minutes, and incorporate a double-or-nothing feature, which is called Heads or Tails.
Where to play Keno in Victoria?
As said above there are many keno outlets be it clubs, hotels and other gaming venues. In Melbourne Australia itself there are over 91 locations to play Keno mainly in hotels, clubs and TAB outlets. At Bendigo there are 18 Keno venues, Geelong has 20 and Ballarat has 18 in total of Keno locations.
Also you can try to play Keno in Victoria online at The Lott Australian official website for Keno as well as TAB website Keno.com.au
How to play Keno in Victoria
Here are the general steps to play Keno in Victoria:
- Select a Venue: To play Keno in Victoria choose a venue that offers Keno. Many pubs, clubs, and certain gaming establishments in Victoria provide Keno facilities. Look for Keno signage or ask the staff if the venue offers the game.
- Get a Keno Entry Form: Once you’re at a Keno venue, you’ll need to obtain a Keno entry form. These forms are usually available at the bar or gaming area. If you’re unsure, you can ask the venue staff for assistance.
- Choose Your Numbers (Spots): On the Keno entry form, select the numbers you want to play. You can typically choose between 1 and 20 numbers from a pool of 1 to 80. The numbers you choose are referred to as your “spots.”
- Decide on the Number of Games: Specify the number of consecutive games you want to play with the same set of numbers. You can choose to play the same numbers for multiple games in a row.
- Place Your Bet: Decide how much you want to bet on each game. The cost of your Keno ticket will depend on the number of spots chosen and the amount wagered per game.
- Submit Your Entry Form: Give your completed entry form and payment to the venue staff. They will process your entry and provide you with a Keno ticket or receipt.
- Watch the Keno Draw: Keno draws take place regularly throughout the day. You can watch the draws live at the venue or check the results later. Results are often displayed on screens within the venue or online.
- Check Your Ticket: After the draw, check your Keno ticket to see if you have any winning numbers. Prizes are awarded based on the number of spots matched and the amount wagered.
Before the draw begins, you need to select your own numbers or opt for the ‘kwikpick’ option. You can choose between 1-40 numbers, with pay-tables and payouts differing depending on how many numbers you choose to play. Keno games in Victoria offer jackpot payouts if you play 7, 8, 9 or 10 numbers per game.
Depending on the venue you are playing at, you will generally have a choice as to whether you wish to play keno electronically via a touch screen computer or via a paper game card. The game number is displayed on your card or screen, so make sure you are watching and matching the numbers from the correct draw.
Any bonuses and the Heads or Tails side game are also displayed on the card/screen. For the Heads or Tails game, you can select whether you think more numbers from the top half (heads) or the bottom half (tails) of the keno game gird will be drawn, and if you win, you are paid out double your original wager.
You can also select the ‘even’ option that there will be an equal amount of numbers drawn from both halves, which pays quadruple your original stake.
To play Keno in Victoria you can also play multiple entries during the one draw (keno advanced), where you combine groups of numbers to increase your chances of winning, and can also significantly boost your bonuses x2, x3, x4, x5 and x10. The minimum bet per game is $1.
Online Keno Victoria
Keno online is very popular no matter where you go and that include Victoria. Online Keno can be played at online casinos like the Rich Casino, 7 Reels Casino, Fair Go Casino and others.
Let’s Play Keno App is another option to play Keno on the go with your smartphone.
Online Keno is played the same way as you play at the retailer, filling your keno ticket and selecting the keno numbers. The only difference here is that standard keno is similar to ticket based paper Keno, other keno games at online casinos are in video format just like pokies to play and win.
Pick your gaming device, mobile or PC or tablet and visit any online casino of your choice by typing the URL of the online casino on mobile or PC browser. You will instantly get access to the online casino. Register yourself setting a user name and password to open your casino account. After all the formalities of verification and registering, go to online cashier on the homepage of the casino and make a deposit of real AUD to play Keno in real time. No money to play then no worries, play keno for free as long as you want.
Simply head to other games or lotto games or speciality games at the online casino lobby. Select the game of Keno and tap or click to play. If you win encash your wins the same method that you used to make a deposit to buy keno ticket and the money will reach your bank in few days.
Tabcorp launches new look Keno game in Victoria: Australia’s Tabcorp Holding Limited has launched a revamped Ken… http://t.co/wEyEPoOA
— Pentasia Recruitment (@PentasiaRecruit) April 16, 2012
Melbourne’s very own Crown Casino hosts keno games which are displayed on screens throughout the gaming area, and players can join in the fun from the electronic keno terminals which take cash and casino vouchers.
Also almost every pub has a version of the game either live draws with people pulling the numbers or a virtual version that plays every 3 and a half minutes. Not only do the pubs have keno but so do their hotels and many of their clubs as well.
Also the distance between Melbourne and Victoria is just 41kms so moving to play Keno in and around is really fun.
You can play in person at many locations with many other people or you can sit at home and play online just like many people choose to do in Melbourne. Just remember when playing in person you are going to pay to play when playing online you have the opportunity to play for free.