Australia is a country full of diversity, historical facts, food, and also some well-known and loved weirdness!
10 Amazing Facts About Australia
Here I have rounded up the top 7 crazy facts about Australia that will make you fall in love with the country of diverse culture and thoughts:
1. Do you know Australia has three times more sheep than people? Just something crazy data to talk about. The same way it has once struggled the threat of outnumbered rabbits which is also known as “rabbit issue” in Australia.
2. Do you know the largest Greek population across the world other than Athens in Greece is found in Melbourne Victoria? This is why Australia is called the world of diversity in culture and people and beliefs!
3. Do you know an Australian man once tried to sell New Zealand on eBay? How funny and daring!
4. Do you know most of Australia’s exotic flora and fauna are not found anywhere else in the world? You can pose a selfie with cuddly marsupials like koalas, wombats, quokkas, and kangaroos only in Australia? It is always suggested to keep a wide berth from dangerous (usually venomous) animals like the stonefish, blue ring octopus, stonefish and funnel-web spider.
5. Do you know Brisbane hosts the world Cockroach racing championships every year? Isn’t it crazy?
6. Do you know Australia has so many beaches, if you visit one beach every day, you have to spend nearly 27 years to see them all?
7. Do you know Australia is the only continent in the world that does not have an active volcano?
8. Do you know Australian Alps receive more snowfall than Switzerland? Are you planning to change that Euro Trip idea?
9. Do you know there are 60 designated wine regions in Australia, producing over 1.35 trillion bottles of wine each year?
10. Do you know per capita, Australians spend more money on gambling than any other nation, and around 80 percent of Australian adults engage in gambling of some kind or the other? Australia has 20 percent of the world’s poker machines!
These are some of the craziest facts about Australia that you would love to know and fall in love with this amazing country of beauty, diversity, and food!