Although many of you would not have an overly sweet tooth, ice creams are always a delight to have as a dessert.
There are many ice cream parlors where the smell of chocolate, waffles, and sugar hit you as soon as you walk in the door. And often the line snakes out onto the footpath. So, if you are an ice cream lover, there are many joints where you can visit to relish.
Top 6 Ice Cream Parlours in Australia
Australia is home to numerous delightful ice cream parlours, each offering a unique range of flavors and styles. Here are some popular ice cream parlours across the country:
- Gelato Messina (Multiple Locations, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and more): Gelato Messina is renowned for its creative and high-quality gelato flavors. They offer a constantly changing menu with a wide variety of options.
- Ben & Jerry’s (Multiple Locations): The famous American ice cream brand, Ben & Jerry’s, has multiple stores across Australia, serving up their iconic flavors, including chunks and swirls of various sweet treats.
- Pidapipo Gelateria (Melbourne): Located in Melbourne, Pidapipo Gelateria is known for its authentic Italian gelato. They offer a range of classic and innovative flavors, and you can enjoy your gelato in a traditional cone or cup.
- Messina (Brisbane): Messina, inspired by Gelato Messina, has made its mark in Brisbane with a diverse menu of gelato flavors, shakes, and creative desserts.
- Giapo Gelato (Gold Coast): Giapo Gelato on the Gold Coast focuses on delivering a unique and artisanal gelato experience. They offer a variety of flavors and innovative toppings.
- Billy Van Creamy (Melbourne): Located in Melbourne, Billy Van Creamy is a popular food truck turned ice cream parlour that serves handmade soft serve and traditional ice cream in a retro setting.
- N2 Extreme Gelato (Sydney, Melbourne): N2 Extreme Gelato is known for its nitrogen-frozen gelato, creating a theatrical and delicious experience. They offer a range of unique and inventive flavors.
- Cow and the Moon (Sydney): This award-winning gelato shop in Sydney gained international recognition for its flavors, including the famous “Pistachio” flavor that won the title of the world’s best gelato at the Gelato World Tour.
- Over the Moo (Sydney – Vegan Ice Cream): Over the Moo specializes in dairy-free, vegan ice cream. They offer a variety of plant-based flavors that cater to those with dietary preferences or restrictions.
- St. Louis House of Fine Ice Cream & Dessert (Adelaide): Situated in Adelaide, St. Louis House of Fine Ice Cream & Dessert is known for its decadent desserts and a wide selection of ice cream flavors.
- Simmo’s Ice Creamery (Dunsborough, Western Australia): Simmo’s Ice Creamery, located in Western Australia, is famous for its traditional ice cream flavors made with locally sourced ingredients.
- Cow and Moon Artisan Gelato (Sydney): Another gem in Sydney, Cow and Moon is celebrated for its artisan gelato, with a variety of flavors made from high-quality ingredients.
1. Gelato, Messina Surry Hills
The Gelato Messina in Surry Hills, Sydney is of the most amazing and delicious ice cream joint. You need to duck around the corner to join the queue each time they release a new flavor of ice cream.
2. Millers Ice Cream, Margaret River
Millers Ice Cream is situated on the dairy farm in Margaret River. It’s quite scenic and worth visiting. You’ll find a playground and enough space for your kids to run around when they’ve finished with their ice creams. Here you will find a great variety of ice creams and of course, these are not cheap, but the scoop sizes make up for it!
3. Daintree Ice Cream Company, Daintree Rainforest, Qld
At Draintree Ice Cream, located in Queensland, you’ll you cannot avoid an exotic ice cream made from the fruits of the Australian rainforest! It is an expensive ice-cream company offering a unique tasting experience worth spending money for and all the fruit is naturally grown on the property. It’s Black Sapote and Wattleseed and Coconut are especially recommended. The flavors change each day as per the fruits that have fallen from the trees!
4. Annie’s Ice Cream Parlour Bathurst
Annie’s ice cream is highly recommended to check out as people have to always line up out the door of Annie’s Ice Cream Parlour.
The Sofala Gold variety or Bridle Track is especially recommended, but a scoop of blueberry + cookies & cream can also change your mood.
5. Zanette’s Gelato, Surfers Paradise
Zanette’s Gelato is considered to be one of the finest places to get ice cream in Surfers Paradise and also a great restaurant to eat at in Surfers Paradise.
Frank, the owner of Zanette’s Gelato, is the friendliest and most generous ice cream owner in Australia. You would love to taste his delicious flavors of gelato and sorbet. Unlike many sorbet makers, Zanette’s is made with fresh fruit.
6. My Gelato, Kirra
My Gelato is located at the other end of the Gold Coast at Kirra Beach, just around the corner from Coolangatta.
My Gelato is also one of the most popular restaurants in Coolangatta. It also has a small kiddie section to allow your kids to enjoy. You can grab a scoop of the chili chocolate, which is filled with the burst of spice through the chocolate. You may scoop up some of the bailey’s flavor in a cup or cone after it for a softer experience.
These are some of the most popular and delicious ice creams you should not miss out on tasting and relishing if you happen to visit Australia. When exploring ice cream parlours in Australia, keep in mind that local favorites may vary, and new establishments may emerge. It’s always a good idea to check online reviews and recommendations to discover the latest and greatest ice cream experiences in your chosen location.