Lawn bowling is a popular sport in Australia. Many people become members at one of the many bowling clubs in Sydney to enjoy what this game has to offer. The object of lawn bowling is to get ones balls closest to the small white ball that is located 75 to 108 feet away from where the player stands. The balls or bowls as they are called that are thrown by the players are lopsided which causes them to curve as they are rolled towards the white ball that is called the jack. The bowls come in a variety of weights sizes and bias.
The great thing about the game is that it can be enjoyed by people of all skill levels. That is what makes the bowling clubs in Sidney so popular. They are perfect for men and women and families. The atmosphere of the club is fun and entertaining and there is always much more going on than just playing the game. They are a social atmosphere where people can gather.
The key to really enjoying what bowling clubs can offer is to find the right club. In Sydney there are many clubs to choose from, but people may want to consider the top 7 clubs when they are looking for a place to go.
- Paddington Bowling Club – One of the first clubs to promote barefoot bowling. They offer a refurbished bar that has plenty of beer and great food to enjoy while playing the games.
- Marrickville Bowling Club – The lawn bowling is only one of the activities that can be enjoyed hear. Mexican food, music and monthly parties bring many people out to this club.
- Batmain Bowling Club – This club has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating club in New South Wales. Despite their long history, they have adopted the idea of barefoot bowling and the fun that comes with it. They also have great food and drink at Finola’s Restaurant.
- Camperdown Bowling & Recreation Club – The students in Sydney love this club and its atmosphere. It is a popular place to spend the day instead of in boring classes.
- Manly Bowling Club – This club is a great spot to have fun. A combination of music, bowling, food and fun are the perfect place to meet others in Sydney.
- Waverly Bowling and Recreation Club – This bowling club is located only a few blocks away from the beach. The no frills atmosphere mixes perfectly with the warm beach air and provides a place for people to have fun and to enjoy what the club has to offer.
- Harbord Diggers – This club is one of the cheapest places to play. They claim that the see breeze will make your bowls curve better although there is no proof. Any way you cut it, this club is sure to help you have a good time.
Choosing any of these clubs is a great way to enjoy the sunshine and the fun in Sydney. Even if you never play a single game, although you should, spending a day at these clubs is sure to put a smile on your face that won’t go away anytime soon.