Did you know these facts:
- Origin of Keno was in China over 2000 years ago.
- Chinese immigrants introduced Keno to the West when they sailed across the Pacific to help build the American trans-continental railroad in the 19th century.
- The word Keno in French means Five.
- In 1850 it was in the form of lotto and bingo played in gambling houses.
- Ladies were quite attracted to this game.
- Played with wooden goose or hopper each player had a ticket with three rows of 5 numbers. When covered all 5 numbers in a particular row the winner had all the money minus the dealers take.
- Dealers were not satisfied with their “rake” so schemes were devised to insure the entire “pot” was retained. To insure a dealer got all he employed a partner who purchased a ticket destined to win. The dealer would simply “holdout” the necessary balls to fill his partners line of five numbers.
- Keno of today is played much like Keno back in-the-day, you can sit back and check some of the hit online casino games with Keno. The biggest change has been the amount of numbers used in the game. In the beginning as few as 70 numbers were utilized. With the passage of time that number has increased to 80, 90 and currently in Vegas the number is 120.
- Bingo is the modern-day version of Keno. In all games of chance it’s important to know your odds.
Love playing Bingo- But what are the odds of winning a bingo?
- Take the number of cards that you are playing and divide it by the number of bingo cards that are being played. For instance, if there are 200 cards in play, and you have 6 cards your odds of winning are 6 in 200 or 3 percent.
- Determining your odds by knowing how many cards are in play during any given game. One-way to determine this is by doing a head count and multiplying that number by the average number of cards you believe each person has. For example, if your head count is 50 and you believe that the average number of cards per player is 4 you would take 50 x 4, which gives you 200. There are an estimated 200 cards in play. Now, take the number of cards you are playing and divide it by the 200 cards in play. The answer is your odds of winning. The reality is that every bingo card in play has the same chance of winning.
Few Winning Tips:
- Play More than One Card- Buying as many cards as you keep track of at once, that is without going broke.
- Stay Away from the Crowds- A game with few players definitely increases your chances of winning.
- Bad Weather and a Small Jackpot May Increase Your Odds- If you head out to play bingo when the weather is bad, chances are crowds will be thin. A smaller jackpot could also mean fewer players.
- Play the Quieter Sessions- Pick the quiet sessions; these sessions are usually in mid-afternoon, midweek, late at night and on holidays.
- Have Different Cards- Do not choose duplicate cards. Because each card will not have duplicate numbers, they all have the same odds of winning the game.
- Be Positive- Thinking positive seems to bring good things your way. Some people believe that they can actually will an event to happen if they imagine it frequently enough. Whether this is true or not is for you to decide. However, if nothing else, by staying positive, you will enjoy your bingo game that much more.
Share more facts about Keno as a game which may sound incredible and amazing.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Incredible Facts: Keno-Bingo or Bingo-Keno,