Wanna play some real money Keno. That is quite exciting. Keno is one of the oldest and basic of all casino games that you can find online or offline. A fast paced game with big jackpots and easy to play it is most popular among players.
Keno can be played at virtually any online casino. But there is a thing to note. When you choose to play online keno for real money you will find there are no standardized pay tables for keno; each casino sets their own unique payouts, some of which are significantly better than others.
Most online casinos will have a separate section for keno; alternately, it may be part of an “other games” section, as it doesn’t fit naturally into one of the larger gaming categories, like table games or pokies.
As you know basically Keno is a lottery game played with 80 balls, numbered 1 through 80. On each drawing, 20 of the balls will be drawn, and it is the player’s goal to match as many of those numbers as possible. Typically, players can choose to play anywhere from 1 to 15 numbers, or “spots.”
You can choose spots before each drawing. In a live keno game, drawings will typically take place every five to ten minutes; in video keno or real money keno, you can choose to have drawings as frequently as you like. Often, you can buy tickets at the retailer or when playing online, choose numbers that will be used for the next several drawings, saving you the time of choosing the same numbers before each individual drawing.
The amount of spots the you will need to hit in order to win a prize will depend on the individual casino, as well as the number of spots chosen. When you choose a larger number of spots, there may even be prizes for correctly picking zero balls or other small numbers. The largest prize is always given for correctly matching all spots you have picked.
So you see that the prizes and payouts for keno games can vary wildly. However, here is a sample payout chart for a game played with 10 spots. The prizes are stated on a “for one” basis; the original wager you make to purchase a ticket is considered lost. On a $1 bet, a keno game played with 10 spots may pay out the following:
- 5 Spots Matched: $2
- 6 Spots: $25
- 7 Spots: $150
- 8 Spots: $1,200
- 9 Spots: $10,000
- 10 Spots: $100,000
What to look for when playing for real money Keno?
- Play at reputed online casino with a good paytable.
- Online casinos tend to offer much better returns to players on keno than live casinos can afford to. In a typical live keno game, the casino will typical return 65% to 80% to the player better than most state or national lotteries, but very poor compared to almost any other casino game.
- Any real money online keno game offering player returns of under 90% is considered poor; many online casinos offer real money keno that returns well over 90%, and sometimes as high as 95% or better.
- The house edge usually varies depending on the number of spots you wish to play; since these differences can often be significant, it’s worth knowing what number of spots will give you the best odds.
- Also there is more game variety, more bonuses, promotions and rewards.
- You can quickly and conveniently compare different online keno games and select the variant with the payout rate that suits you best.
In Live Casinos opt for Video keno machines usually offering returns in the 85%-95% range; if you enjoy keno and want to play on a casino then video poker is almost always a better bet.
You will experience the exciting live atmosphere and live action of the game
Play live dealer Keno online
Many online reputed casinos offer live dealer or live croupier casino games. You can watch the action unfold, and bet within the user-friendly interface and you can even interact with your croupier. Some of the online casinos like GDay Casino and many others have brilliant gaming style – live dealer keno powered by the interactive gaming software developing company, Ezugi. You can only play this title in AUD real money mode.
The following sites and locations all offer real money keno for Aussies, and it is completely legal and safe to enjoy these games with Australian currency.
- Roxy Palace Casino
- Thrills Casino
- G’day Casino
- Leo Vegas Casino
- BGO Casino
- Go Wild Casino
- Guts Casino
- Royal Vegas Casino
- Emu Casino
- 32 Red Casino
Powered by multiple different gaming developing companies such as Microgaming, Net Entertainment, White Hat Gaming and more, the above platforms are all licensed and accept Australian players. Keno games at these sites include Instant Keno Classic, Klub Keno, Krazy Keno, Traditional Keno, Microgaming’s Keno, live dealer keno and more.
Betting and general options within each game are diverse and numerous, and you can always change the amount you wish to punt, as well as auto-play, re-bet and other gameplay settings.
What should you look for at the online casino before playing real money Keno
Playing keno online at any reputed casino is completely safe and legal, and you can use Australian currency to fund your games. Australian residents are not subject to any rules or regulations, and can safely play Keno for real money online only look for a reputable and regulated site.
- The online casino should be licensed, regulated and secure from fraudulent practices.
- The sites must be audited on a regular basis by third party player testing agencies such as eCOGRA (eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance) – accredited companies which ensure players are treated honestly and all games are fairly.
- All real money transactions should have protection with a minimum of 128-bit sure socket layer digital encryption technology to safegaurd player deposits and withdrawals,you’re your personal financial details.
Playing Offline Keno
In Australia, there are a number of land-based venues running real money keno games which are hosted by larger gaming distributors such as Tattersall’s. You won’t really be able to find any places running free games. Offline keno games are run by two major organisations: SA Lotteries – who hosts games within South Australia and sell tickets at over 600 retail outlets, and Tattersall’s – who run daily keno games in Victoria and Tasmania. It is also common to find keno games held at local casinos, clubs and pubs – these types of venues will often have their own private keno titles for you to play with real money, however such games do not enjoy the same strong payouts as online games.
Now make a choice as where you wish to play Keno for some real money action and have the fun.