Keno is a lottery-like casino game, where a person can win a significant amount of money based on the amount they end up betting. Keep in mind that any casino game has an element of risk involved, but the excitement and fun can topple the stress of losing – provided you’re smart. Keno remains a popular casino game that most people enjoy.
How To Play Keno?
Keno is a simple casino game that requires you to select a few numbers and wait for them to be drawn. At a physical casino, there may be a keno area where you will find tickets. You mark your numbers and take it to a Keno desk to pay your ticket. You will win if the drawn numbers match your selected numbers and the prize amount will depend on the matching numbers between the ones drawn and your selection. Payback usually ranges anywhere from 70-80 percent.
You can play Keno at online casinos as well as the official Keno site in Australia ie https://www.keno.com.au/
At online casinos you will find a wider variety of keno games to play. All these keno games come from top rated gaming providers like Microgaming Betsoft, RTG and others. So when you are signing up with an online casino, go to the Keno section of games and see how many keno variants are on offer. Have a look at two or three online casinos which offer keno games and determine which online casino has more variants as it will give you more variety in your play.
How to play Keno Online?
In the Keno lottery, you usually need to guess, say, seven numbers, and seven numbers are drawn in total. However, in online Keno, you get to choose up to ten out of eighty numbers, but a total of twenty-two numbers are drawn. In other words, you get almost twice as many chances to guess all your numbers right and win the maximum possible prize.
However, even if you don’t manage to win all the numbers that you had selected, you are still in for a treat, since Keno awards you even if you guess only a few of them. In most cases, the minimum number that you need to guess right in order to get paid is half of the total numbers chosen. So even if you guess more than a half but not all of them, for example, you can still receive lucrative prizes in return.
- Pick an online casino and visit the casino with a good WIFI or internet connection on your mobile or PC or tablet.
- Some sites may require that you register before you start playing. If that is the case, make sure to fill out the sign-up form and open an account.
- Make a deposit in real AUD
- Go to games lobby and find Keno from the search bar
- Enter the game of your choice and carefully examine the rules as they may differ a bit, mostly regarding the odds
- Select the amount of money that you want to bet
- Choose up to ten out of eighty available numbers
- Wait for the game to begin
- Wait for the results
- Claim your reward if you were lucky enough to guess at least half of the numbers right
- Repeat the whole process as many times as you want
What do you need to Play Keno?
Now that you’ve decided to play Keno, here’s a checklist of five items you should carry when you’re off to play the game.
- Money: Without money, you won’t be able to get your Keno tickets and select your numbers, so don’t forget those dollars! If you bet $1 on a selected number and want to play 6 games that’s $6. Even when playing online Keno you need money to deposit so money is the first thing to bring to play keno games.
- Keno Ticket: Once you’ve got your Keno ticket, you’ve got to select the numbers that you want to bet on. The more numbers you bet on, the more you can possibly win. Remember keno is a game of chance so don’t chase your losses or wins. But play responsibly.
- Your Thinking Cap: Most people will tell you that Keno is not a strategic game and it’s really not but a little thinking never hurt anyone, did it? Think of number combinations that may win and bet on the bonus number ever so often to win twice as much. The best way to find which number is lucky, either obey your intuition or do some math. All you need is to check the previous game results and see which number pops often and is the winning number.
- Mobile Phone: While waiting for the physical numbers at a casino, why not get out your mobile and try your hand at online keno to increase your chances of a win? The distraction will take away your anxiety and the more you bet, the more chances you have for a win. Also Keno Australia has its own app where you can check the keno lotto results instantly.
- Internet or WIFI connection: You need a good internet or WIFI connection is you are playing Keno online. Many keno games at casinos do work offline, but for real money Keno games you need internet to work upon.
- Bank Account: In case you win any Keno game, to cashout your wins you need banking details to give it to the casino or wherever you play Keno.
- Your Ability to Have Fun: The infrequent returns from Keno make it difficult to take the game seriously, which is why it’s the perfect game for those who just want to have some inexpensive and relaxed fun. Don’t ever forget that.
Regardless of the game, Keno is a casino staple and is quite a fan favourite across Australia.